1. The Council shall decide on the appointment of the President of the Authority for five years with a two-thirds majority of members present. The appointment shall be renewable on one occasion.
2. The Act on Civil Servants (hereinafter referred to as ’ACS‘) shall be applicable to the President of the Authority with the derogations set out in this Act.
3. The President of the Authority shall be entitled to a monthly salary - established for the period from 1 March of the current year to the end of February of the following year -, which shall be eight times of the average gross monthly earnings – officially published by the Hungarian Central Statistical Office -, for the year preceding the current year. Furthermore, the President of the Authority shall be entitled to other benefits as due to ministers. (This amendment entered into force on 1 January 2017.)
4. The Council shall exercise employer rights over the President of the Authority, and the President shall make the statement of his incompatibility to the Council.
5. The Council shall elect the Vice-President of the Authority for five years from among the members with a two-third majority of the members present.
6. The term of office of the President, Vice-President of the Authority and members of the Council shall end in the event of
- the expiry of the term;
- the occurrence of circumstances as set out in Article 182(8);
- becoming undeserving or permanently unsuitable for the office;
- establishment of incompatibility.
7. In cases within the meaning of paragraph 6 (e) and (g) the Council shall state the termination of the term of office with the vote of two thirds of the members present and with attention to the opinion of the bodies or persons designating the person in question.
8. In case the Authority does not decide on the appointment of the new president of the Council until the expiry of the term of office of the president, the term of office of the president shall extend until the end of the calendar year.